NZBoxChat
Anthony Joshua - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Anthony Joshua (/showthread.php?tid=163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Anthony Joshua - diehard - 11-02-2016

British heavyweight Anthony Joshua puts IBF title on the line against Eric Molina

Anthony Joshua will make his second defence of the IBF title against American Eric Molina.

Anthony Joshua will put his IBF world heavyweight title on the line against American Eric Molina in Manchester on December 10, the British fighter's camp said on Tuesday (Wednesday NZ Time).

"I'm expecting this to be the toughest fight of my career so far and I will be ready for an all-out war," Joshua said in a statement.

Joshua had been linked to a potential clash with veteran Wladimir Klitschko who lost his IBF, WBO and WBA belts to Tyson Fury last November. Klitschko hopes of a re-match were scuppered by Fury's mental health issues.

That fight could take place early next year, according to Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn.

"Although the plans are for a major unification in the spring this fight requires Anthony's full focus," Hearn said.

Joseph Parker, the IBF's mandatory challenger, was also in the mix to meet Joshua before the Kiwi decided to focus his attention on the vacant WBO belt. Parker will fight Mexican Andy Ruiz for that title with a venue and date yet to be announced.

Joshua, the 2012 Olympic super heavyweight gold medallist, will be making his second defence of the IBF belt.

In April, he stopped American Dominic Breazeale in the seventh round to take his professional record to 17-0.

Molina, 34, has fought for the world title once before, losing to Deontay Wilder for the WBC crown in 2015.

- Reuters

RE: Anthony Joshua - Boxingfan25 - 11-02-2016

Was listening to a Vid from Hatmanstrikesback on Youtube Apparently Johan Duhaupas has been screaming for the AJ fight but it fell on deaf ears......

RE: Anthony Joshua - Msreef - 11-02-2016

Duhaupas has a great chin and would probably go 12 rounds with AJ, too risky for AJ considering his very questionable stamina.

RE: Anthony Joshua - shamrock - 11-02-2016

AJ hasn't needed stamina, fights are usually over early. ..

RE: Anthony Joshua - NakiFan - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 06:50 PM)shamrock Wrote: AJ hasn't needed stamina, fights are usually over early. ..
[Image: Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg]

RE: Anthony Joshua - Boxingfan25 - 11-02-2016

Would love to see AJ v Duhaupas. I'm so interested to see what AJ does and how he handles things when his Power isn't enough.

RE: Anthony Joshua - shamrock - 11-02-2016

Might see it soon enough. Foreman and Klitschko say he'll handle it well. Whyte is the one I want to see on the undercard.

RE: Anthony Joshua - Infern0 - 11-02-2016

Kevin Johnson has one of the best chins in the business and banked on it to take shots and tire AJ out.

He was taken out in 4 minutes and tbh should have been stopped in the first.

Joshua's power is absolute top tier.

RE: Anthony Joshua - Msreef - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 07:14 PM)shamrock Wrote: Foreman and Klitschko

Sham's new besties

RE: Anthony Joshua - Infern0 - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 07:30 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 07:14 PM)shamrock Wrote: Foreman and Klitschko

Sham's new besties

Again we only listen to people when they praise joe